Thursday, July 02, 2015

TBT - Petite Pennants

My desk is generally tidy - I've got no space to create otherwise - but I was doing some more tidying last week and camea cross a background piece I had made quite some time back and decided it was time to actually make it into a card.

I used the straight edge pennant from the Petite Pennants punch to make a bunch of triangles and then arranged them into this background. With the background already made, this card was pretty quick to put together. Though I remember the longest part of making the background was just deciding where I wanted each colour... the actual sticking them down went together much faster! I do remember at the time I deliberately avoided using the triangle punch for this effect as they would be smaller and take longer to put together, but in true Carol style that idea is grawing at me from the back of my head so I might end up giving it a go one day. Both the pennant and triangle punches are now retired, but you can pick up the triangle punch from the Clearance Rack while stocks last.

Some what amazingly, all the colours I used are still current!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Bonus Weekly Deals and New Clearance Rack Items

This week, and each week in June, Stampin' Up! are offering more items in the Weekly Deals. There are strict limits on how many of each product are available at these reduced prices so get in quick and snag a bargain. Here are this weeks goodies:

To shop for these items you can click on the image above or click HERE.

Stampin' Up! have also added a bunch of new items to the Clearance Rack, which you can shop for HERE.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Butterfly Basics One Layer Card

When the new Stampin' Up! catalogue launched the new thick Whisper White cardstock was an insta-buy, but I haven't actually done a lot with it yet. One thing I was very keen to do was use it for a card base. Then old thin Whisper White was a little flimsy for a card base, and while I haven't stacked heaps on this card I can tell the card holds up better than it would have with the thin.

I think I have totally got into the mindset of not thinking of the bottom layer of a card being white unless there is minimal embellishment, but I'm sure I will get there! Thanks to the wonders of polymer stamps I was able to bend the fern frond image around more than it's natural curve and get more of a circle from it when stamping a second one opposite. I'm a little annoyed I didn't notice till I was editting the photos that the lace isn't exactly centered - it's not that noticable is it???

Today's colours are definitely not my usual choices, but I figured if I was making yet another card with butterflies I should mix it up with the colours at least!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Weekly Deals June 24th

Here are the Weekly Deals for this week:

To shop for these items you can click on the image above or click HERE.

Monday, June 22, 2015

The Festival Of Trees Continues

The Festival Of Trees stamp set was released in the Holiday catalogue last year, was carried over to the Occasions catalogue and is now included in the new annual catalogue! I'm sooooo happy that the Christmas section has returned to the annual catalogue, and having the option of Christmas sets available all year round... because let's face it, it's never too early to start on your Christmas cards! With that in mind, I thought I would get started on mine in June, and hopefully I won't end up in what has become a mad rush the last few years. The worst part about that isn't so much the "chasing your tail" feeling, but the burn-out I often feel afterwards, and needing a break from stamping for a while. Anyway, enough jibber-jabber, here's the cards:
yep... I couldn't settle on one design so I made four. Design is based on Sweet Sunday Sketch #272.

I also kept with my tradition of non-traditional Christmas colours... it felt a little too soon in the year for that!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

Wonder Woman Is Made Of Win (And Butterflies)

Have been busy lately and a few of the things I have been working on aren't completely finished and ready for sharing just yet, but yesterday I finally made a point of attempting something I've been wanting to do for some time...

With all the other geek and super hero cards I have made, it was frustrating me that I hadn't come up with an easy one for a female character. SupaNova is starting in Sydney today (and I'm going tomorrow, yay!) so I thought this would be a good opportunity to give a female super hero card a crack. I had thought the Triple Banner punch would be good for doing the W's on Wonder Woman's outfit, so I had a go... and the angle wasn't any where near right (let alone needing to fold the cardstock, and I just couldn't do that to the gold!). I then moved on to plan B, and plan C... and a myriad of options which saw me considering absolutely everything. And that is the only way it happened - if I had stuck with geometric shapes I wouldn't have a card to share with you today. Which is perhaps the thing I love most about punch art, using the shapes in unexpected ways! Once I started trying things out with the Bold Butterfly die it didn't take long to figure out how to trim it down to get a good look and the rest of the card essentially made itself.

Here are the colours I used, with the addition of gold (metallics don't look metallic in these simple colour swatch graphics... I might have to sort something out for that too!)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Weekly Deals June 17th

This week's Weekly Deals are up!

To shop for these items you can click on the image above or click HERE.