Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Halloween Homes

When this year's Holiday Catalogue came out, I knew the Holiday Home stamp set & matching dies were going to be high on my wishlist. With the mixture of sentiments and images to go along with the houses, it's a very versatile set. For Halloween I wanted to do something fun with the houses, and I am really happy with what I came up with. The Holiday Home set is a photopolymer set, as opposed to Stampin' Up!'s traditional red rubber.

The beauty of photopolymer is that you can bend it to change the shape of the image. The downside of this is you can't then use the matching dies to cut them out, but I can live with that every now and then!

For this card I stamped and coloured my houses with Blendabilities. With the colour of lighting int he windows I wanted my pumpkin to be a similar shade, and not stamped on white. So I stamped it on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, and cut it out but stamped the face on the reverse. For the background I brayered Island Indigo ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock, and stamped some tree - some even with bent trunks.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Wisteria Wonder, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, vellum cardstock, vellum paper
Stamp sets: Holiday Home
Ink: Memento Black, Island Indigo
Accessories: Smoky Slate Blendabilities, Wisteria Wonder Blendabilities, Pumpkin Pie Blendabilities, Daffodil Delight Blendabilities, brayer, Bitty Banners die
Shows watched while creating: Sleepy Hollow, Castle

No comments: