Friday, December 04, 2015

Pantone Colour of the Year 2016

If you hadn't noticed I'm just a little obsessed with colour by now, well... I am. I love playing combinations and seeing the effects that can come from colour alone, and where colour is the feature rather than just the support act. I love looking at the colours that are used in the world around me, and looking at trends in colour. Pantone is an icon when it comes to colour, and every year they announce a colour of the year that is on-trend across a variety of areas such as fashion and interior design. This year they have actually announce two colours of the year, and here they are with some compatisons with Stampin' Up! colours past and present:

So what do you think? On one hand, I was expecting a blue, but something a bit darker or vibrant. On the other hand, I have found myself using Blushing Bride alot recently so in a way neither are surprising and both are pleasing. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of these shades around and being inspired by them in my papercraft!

No comments: