Saturday, August 18, 2007

Red Flourish

The first challenge for the Inklings cyberstamp was 'monochromatic'. Not such a challenge for me, I love monochromatic! I tried to pick some colours I haven't really used lately and went with Ruby Red and Cameo Coral. Normally I challenge myself to use no neutrals, but I took it easy last night and let the stitched ribbon in. The main image was inked with Coral and then I went over it haphazardly with the Ruby marker before stamping on Coral cardstock. I then sponged the edges with Coral ink. This was layered on a piece of Ruby that I had taken to with the distressing tool from the cutter kit. To highlight the edge further I ran the Ruby marker around it. I also used a couple of Ruby brads over the spots of the image. The Ruby cardbase was stamped with linen in VersaMark, and the panel of Coral on the right was stamped with another of the Finest Flourishes stamps that had been inked with Cameo Coral. The main image is mounted on dimensionals.

No comments: