Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy Scraps

After making some cards using "scraps" from the pretty papers I thought I might tackle some of the pieces in my scrap drawer. Admittedly this card only has two scraps, so I didn't put much of a dent into the collection, but hey... you gotta start somewhere! The two scraps were the main image and the strip of Chocolate Chip. The main image features stamps from the Delight in Life set. I started by stamping the solid inner part of the flower and the dotty-ish background in VersaMark on the gloss cardstock and sponging over this with Apricot Appeal ink for the petals, Regal Rose for the flower centre and Almost Amethyst around the flower. I then stamped over the top with Chocolate Chip ink. The Chocolate Chip strip was plain, so I added some faux stitching. The cardbase is Almost Amethyst, next up a layer of Blush Blossom with some paper piercing and some Francheville pastel purple brads. Sentiment is from All Year Cheer I stamped in Regal Rose ink.

No comments: