Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thank U

I just sat down to work on that marker colouring tutorial when the camera batteries died, so instead I'm going to share another card using the True Friend set from the upcoming Spring Mini. I designed this card for the "card in a box" swap at our recent Inklings team meeting. The main image was first inked with the Groovy Guava inkpad, then sections coloured with Ruby Red and Chocolate Chip markers.

I forgot to mention in my last post that Tina/travellingmama had asked about the vellum in this card. I haven't done anything special to keep the vellum down in the corners, you can probably see in the photo how the vellum has tipped forward a bit and the light is shining through it from the back! The SU! vellum cardstock is very good at not curling at the edges, so for that card I only stuck it down a bit behind the main image; it's also been secured along the right edge by the ribbons and in the middle by the brad. I've updated that post to included that info too.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Groovy Guava, So Saffron, Ruby Red, Whisper White
Stamp set: True Friend
Inks: So Saffron, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Double-Stitched ribbon, Aged Copper hodgepodge, Rich Regals brads

5 comments:

Catherine said...

this is gorgeous!

Traveling Mama said...

Cool! Thanks! Cute card again too!

Sankari W. said...

that's a great tip about the SU! vellum - I was wondering about that too - glad that tina asked so we could all know.

ps - i was going to take a pic of my cards but then my batteries need to get recharged but i can't find the recharger - sigh! - but that's ok, because then i got to come visit your blog! yay! :)

Kristie said...

That's so lovely Carol...not your *usual* colours, but very nice anyway!! I'm thinking I should have got that set!!!

Julia Aston said...

I love the stamping on the side - and the ribbon slide - very pretty card!