Thursday, April 02, 2009

Freshly Cut For You

A new month means new challenges over at the Elite Challenges Blog. This month the stamp set challenge (ssc) is Fresh Cuts, and while creating my card for the blog I made another one to share with you here. The main image has been stamped in Chocolate Chip which I then carefully coloured in with the fine tip of my markers (the fine tip not being as wet and thus less likely to cause the non-waterproof Chocolate Chip ink to bleed or run). The solid leaves didn't come out as dark as I would have liked, so I stamped them again on Chocoalte Chip cardstock, trimmed them out and attached them to my card with mini glue dots to give it some dimension and make them really pop.

In the supplies list below you will see that I have listed a Kiwi Kiss marker. Stampin' Up! have not made markers for the In Color colours, but I have created my own by washing out another marker and reinking it with Kiwi Kiss ink. Now that the markers are available individually this is so easy to do. If you'd like to find out how, see my tutorial here.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Pale Plum, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts, Baroque wheel
Inks: Pale Plum, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pale Plum marker, Perfect Plum marker, Kiwi Kiss marker, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, small oval punch, Styled Silver Hodgepodge, mini glue dots, dimensionals
Show watched while creating: The Lion In Winter

3 comments:

Kristie said...

This is so gorgeous Carol...now you've made me regret that I didn't get this stamp set in my order! Oh well....there's still next time...LOL!

Fiona Harrison said...

Beautiful card!!! Also, didn't realise markers available individually til I read it here, excellent.

Sue Madex said...

Love the card Carol. Those leaves must have been fiddly to cut out - wow! They look great. Cheers, Sue