Friday, May 29, 2009

Cinema Saturday #33

This week's Cinema Saturday movie was Ever After, a movie that I haven't seen too often but love. While I would have loved to have made a card based on the "Just Breathe" dress, I didn't end up with a lot of time to work on my card and I knew I couldn't do it justice (I mean, have you SEEN this dress in all it's detail? Simply stunning!) So I went with my next favourite dress, the blue one from the library scene. Due to the nature of the fabric, the colours look completely different depending on the angle of the light, but the basic colour and pattern combination reminded me of this Bella Bleu paper, so that's what I went with. I also knew there was a stamp with at least "Ever After" on it, but once I located it I decided to use the whole "Happily Ever After" as it is something that Henry says to Danielle. There are a few interesting things with this
card even though it looks simple - the frame has been stamped on Whisper White and Kraft, cut out and then layered so the stamped side is facing down. The main reason for this is that there is no Kraft ink and I wasn't happy with any other colour for this. The other interesting thing is the ribbon. I simply pulled a couple of threads at the top and bottom of some Kraft tafetta and pulled them untill I had a long enough piece of ribbon bunched up to my satisfaction. The ribbon is stuck down across the front with Sticky Strip so it would lay in a nice straight line.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Lots of Thoughts (retired), Frames With A Flourish
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Kraft tafetta, mini glue dots, sticky strip
Show watched while creating: Ever After

9 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

This is just beautiful! Love the pearl accents!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

So pretty, such lovely colours.

Brooke S said...

Love the card Carol! What a great choice for color scheme and pattern paper.. Very Elegant...

Love you and the card tons.... as Always..

Hugs
Brooke

Leigh said...

Stunning card Carol.

Chat Noir said...

Love this background paper... it has a William Morris feel. Soft subtle colours and a lovely understated design. Your tiny scrap of time was spent so well....

Jodi said...

fantastic card as always Carol; very elegant.
Jodi

elana k said...

This is so pretty! I love the ribbon technique you've used.

Unknown said...

I just LOVE this card sweety - beautiful!!!

Sankari W. said...

Carol - I ADORE you!! I know what you mean about doing justice to the Just Breathe dress... I was going to attempt that one - but it is so stunning and I had no supplies or time while I was visiting my inlaws to do it - maybe someday!

I LOVE that library dress - and you are totalllllllly right about how it changes in color! You totally captured that and your flourishes are perfect - love the way you did the ribbon and that stamp technique on Kraft is awesome - you have so many wonderful details in this card and I love it!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Cinema Saturday Challenge - I am always psyched when I see your name on mr. linky :) !! I am sorry I am a little late in commenting - this week has been a crazy one of weddings, birthdays and graduation parties - but I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that I am so appreciative that you played along with us!

Sending you a huge cuppa smiles and hugs!!!
YOU so Rock!
Sankari :)