Monday, September 08, 2014

Remember?

Once again it's been a very long time! I haven't stamped a lot since my last post here, and what I did stamp I didn't blog because I had just completely got out of the habbit! But it's time to share again as I have been getting back into creating.

This is a card I made for Father's Day. Fans of Game Of Thrones may recognise the main image and saying, but before you get too excited, unfortunately Stampin' Up! don't have Game of Thrones stamps. What they do have is the Undefined kit, enabling you to carve your own stamp designs.

On the right is the rubber I carved, and on the left is the first stamping of the rubber. While I had done a pretty good job of tidying the carving, by stamping it out it made it easier to see the little bits that still needed cleaning up. I had started off with an image I printed out, that I then went over with pencil which I then put face-down onto the rubber and went over the back to transfer the pencil to the rubber. I also altered the design a little so it was a bit different, although I should have penciled my planned changes in completly so I would forget what I was doing and cut out a bit I actually wanted to keep... At any rate, I was extremely pleased with how my stamp came out, and found it pretty easy to carve my design. My mind is now racing with ideas for other stamps I can carve!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Smoky Slate, Basic Grey, textured Whisper White, textured Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Stamp set: Alphabet rotary stamp, Undefined Stamp carving kit
Ink: Basic Grey
Accessories: white chalk marker
Show watched while creating: Homeland (I know... it should have been GOT!)

No comments: