Thursday, September 11, 2014

TBT - Paisley Father's Day



I thought I would incorporate TBT - Throw-Back Thursday - in my blog as a way of sharing things using retired products. Hopefully you might get some ideas for long-lost items tucked away in your stash, pull them out and make use of them! Quite a few of my TBT posts over the next few weeks will be things I made during my blogging absence, but to kick it off I am sharing a card from Father's Day just past. The retired product here is the Spiced Paisley set. I'm a bit of a fan of paisley, but I just didn't use it much while it was available, so I am making up for lost time now. The stamps were inked with markers, one of my favourite techniques. Some images are quite detailed and it can be tricky to avoid getting the colours in the wrong spot, something I wasn't compeltely successful with here but I knew I could stamp this background ten times and still not get it perfect, so I decided there was no point sweating it - it was still well received!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Stamp set: Spiced Paisley, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Pear Pizzazz marker, Wild Wasabi marker, Soft Sky marker, Island Indigo marker, Soft Suede marker, Moderm Label punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch

No comments: