Monday, November 03, 2014

Natural Birthday

Have you ever noticed that you have stopped using a particular colour? Recently I realised that I hadn't used the Naturals Ivory cardstock in a loooong time, so of course I have been using it a lot since that revelation! I often prefer it over Whisper White or even Very Vanilla for a general neutral colour, it has little flecks through it that give it a subtle interest where the other colours would be too stark and bland. For this card I went with a large area of Ivory and just a little bit of colour and decoration. To achieve the embossed stripes across the bottom I trimmed strips of cardstock to 1.4cm and carefully positioned them in the embossing folder (making the strip extra long and a spot of snail at each end helps keep it in place! And if it happens to tear a little while you are removing it fromt eh embossing folder it's not a problem, that bit will get trimmed off).

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Mossy Meadow, Baked Brown Sugar, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Naturals Ivory
Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Accessories: Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine, Arrows embossing folder


No comments: