Sunday, February 22, 2015

Slumberparty Inspiration

On Friday night I took part in a virtual slumberparty with one of my Stampin' Up! uplines, Angela Sargeant. Along with a whole bunch of chatter and games some images were posted for creative inspiration. I think I amazed everyone by managing to get a card finished on the night, in amongst everything else I was getting up to! This was the image I chose to be inspired by:

And here is the card I ended up with:
As it usually goes with these things, this didn't end up the way I originally envisioned it, but still pretty happy with how it came out. While I expect the cake had white icing and it doesn't look white due to lighting, I decided to stay with the non-white look as it's been a while since I played with vanilla. It was also the first time I had used the embossing folder & the bow-builder punch - using new products had been a little challenge I had set myself so was very happy it was so easy to incorporate my own challenge into the official one!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: