Friday, January 01, 2016

Party Animal

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully there aren't any of you regretting being so much of a party animal this morning... which leads me to todays card, another look at the Balloon Builders set from the Occasions catalogue - which launches tomorrow!


You may have noticed in the Occasions catalogue there is already a lot of inspiration for this set:


When I returned home from OnStage - where everyone received this set - I decided to see what other animals and things I could come up with:


Yeah, I think this set is going to be a lot of fun!

Normally I have a vision in my head of the card I want to make before I start - though things often get changed along the way. For this card I made it up as I went along. Working from my sheet of test stamping, I replicated the horse for my card, stamping the ballons on Whisper White cardstock with Crumb Cake ink. I then used So Saffron and Calypso Coral on the long and short skinny balloons respectively, stamping the images in a rough circle to create the sun rays. The sentiment was stamped on So Saffron cardstock with Calypso Coral ink then punched with a 1 1/4" circle punch. I laid it in position without adhesive so I knew where I wanted to trim the top edge, and once trimmed I attached it to the cardfront with a couple of dimensionals.

Todays colours are:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: