Monday, January 04, 2016

Enjoy The Little Things Again

Yes, I'm combining the Enjoy The Little Things stamp set with the Botanical Gardens suite again, but I think you'll agree this card has a very different look to last weeks card!
The basic idea for this card stayed way back in November while I was at Melbourne airport waiting for my flight back to Newcastle. I spotted a ladies skirt with panels of a bold floral print on a black background mixed in with solid black panels and in between each panel was a little black glittery trim. Even though the style of floral was completely different, I straight away thought of this paper and knew I would be able to create a card with a similar look. Inspiration can strike any where! I made a conscious choice to jumble the patterned panels so the print didn't line up - it's a personal preferance I have that just so happened to match how the inspiring skirt was done.

The black glimmer sheets are of course from the Holiday catalogue, and were listed on the list of retiring products from that catalogue... and I am sorry to say they have actually sold out. You might think I am being a bit of a tease with this card, but if you did order the black glimmer paper before it was all gone, well here's some more inspiration for it's use!

If you look hard at the edge of the white circle you might notice some little dots of Mint Macaron. I had stamped the sentiment, then stamped the circle image from the You're So Lovely set around in before punching out... and deciding I didn't like how it looked with so much "white space" around it, so re-punched it with the smaller 2" circle punch... which all but removed any trace of the circle image! I contemplated stamping it a few more times with the circle off-set a little so more of it would show, but decided that was more fussing around than I was in the mood for. I've come to tell myself that those hints of dots work in well with the tiny flowers on the Designer Series Paper and I am content with the card ;)

Don't forget - the Holiday catalogue ends today, so you only have a few hours left to get in and snap up retiring product! And if you don't yet have a copy of the Occasions catalogue that starts tomorrow (or the Sale-a-bration catalogue that also starts tomorrow), email me or call 0422 936 139 and I can help you with that.

Today's colours are the same as the Botanical Garden's Designer Series Paper:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: