Sunday, February 28, 2016

Thank You Rose

While you generally have a fair idea of when you'll need a birthday card, you don't always know when you'll need a thank you card. I like to have a couple on hand so I'm not rushing around when the need arises. Time for a thank you card using the Rose Garden thinlits!
I think this card looks less busy than my last couple, but probably not a great deal less effort in creating. The rose has been die cut in both cardstock and patterned paper like those cards, but with the print on the paper being larger it looks a little simpler. The background is also cardstock devoid of any decoration. I did however get a little fancy around the sentiment, removing some sequins from the Blushing Bride sequin trim and threading them onto silver metallic thread. For the sentiment I wanted a thin Basic Gray area around the main piece with the sentiment, I couldn't find another die or punch shape that gave me a look I was happy with, so time for plan B: I stamped the oval-ish frame image on the back of my cardstock and cut it out by hand. This gave me a piece that was nicely smaller than what the oval-ish die would cut. I then stamped my sentiment on the front of the white cardstock and layered it on the Basic Gray piece and voila! The balance of colour I was after :)

I'm totally addicted to Wink Of Stella and had to give my rose a thorough brushing with it :)

I managed to leave orange shades alone and get a bit closer to a normal colour scheme for me...


Rose Wonder stamp set & Rose Garden thinlits dies bundle 140804, Basic Gray A4 cardstock 121689, Smoky Slate A4 cardstock 131291, Pear Pizzazz A4 cardstock 131290, Whisper White A4 cardstock 106549, Pear Pizzazz stamp pad 131180, clear Wink Of Stella glitter brush 141897, Blushing Bride sequin trim 138400, Silver metallic thread 138402, Fine-tip glue pen 138309, dimensionals 104430

No comments: