Monday, February 18, 2008

Beautiful Beate's Sketch


It's been a while since I have done one of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenges, though I have quite a few marked to go back to. This card was a response to her latest sketch (number 35). The colours for this card were going to be quite different until it came time to stick it all together and I decided it just didn't work. I haven't been a fan of the yellow and grey line of clothing that has just come out at Pumpkin Patch, but realised Sahara Sand was just the thing for this card. I've used the sentiment off one stamp in the Take Three set (inked with Elegant Eggplant marker) for this card, all the other images come from the Beautiful Life set. Other colours are Summer Sun, Old Olive and Barely Banana.

See Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft Volume 11 number 13 for full details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely spring card, Carol!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch! Hugs and smiles