Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bird of Friendship

Freinds 24-7 was one of those sets I fell in love with as soon as I saw it, and got in my first order from teh new catalogue, but I haven't taken time out to play with it yet. I've seen some very lovely things done with it, but I decided to be a bit different and use some strong colours with it. The bird was stamped and clear embossed once on Perfect Plum and once on Kiwi Kiss. I used some Exit Mould in an aquapainter to bleach out the chest of the bird on the Plum one, and the birds legs on the Kiwi Kiss one. I only did the Kiwi one once, as I wanted to retain a bit of colour, but the Plum one I bleached 3 or 4 times to remove practically all the colour. I very nearly left it as it was after the first bleaching though, because it was a very similar colour to Rose Red, but I decided to go ahead with my original idea. Once the cardstock was dry I cut out the Plum bird and then flooded the bleached area with water before dipping the aquapainter into ink on the lid of my inkpad and then into the flooded area. I did this a couple of times, concentrating the colour on the birds tummy. While that was drying I stamped the sentiment and lovely damask style image for a background (anyone spot an error?), then put the card all together. I based the cards layout on Jen's latest sketch.

Most supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Friends 24-7
Ink: VersaMark, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: clear embossing powder, aquapainter, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain, dimensionals, Exit Mould (non-SU, lol...)

No comments: