Friday, June 12, 2009

KW Colour Inspiration #54

Kristina's latest colour challenge had my eyes bugging out of my head as soon as I saw it - they're an awesome combination! While I was tempted to make another boys card, I went with something non-descript, using another set that hasn't seen enough ink since I got it. I went back to some retired colours and accessories for this one too: Soft Sky for the blue because it worked much better than Bashful Blue (too blue) or Baja Breeze (too dark); and all ribbons are actually retired ones! All stamping is clear embossed, and I had intended to get the bleach out again and remove colour in a few areas, but in the end I let things be. The layout is based on AmyR's latest sketch, and below I have included a side-on shot so you can see how I built up the main motif to give it dimension without too much bulk.


All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Green Galore, Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Pumpkin Pie
Stamp Set: Circle Circus
Ink: VersaMark, Green Galore
Accessories: scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Bold Brights brads, Flirty Ribbon Originals, District Ribbon Originals, Apple Green 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, clear embossing powder, dimensionals

18 comments:

Sarah Klass said...

Loving all that dimension Carol! Gorgeous card!

I was a bit spooked by the combination at first too! A bit brighter than my usual go-to colours, but I s'pose they don't call it a challenge for nothing!

yvonne said...

Carol you have done a fabulous job of this challenge- I am not game enough to try it yet lol! Love the layering, great layout!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Carol!

Anonymous said...

hi Carol Kristina is going to love this card!

Sharnee Torrents said...

This card is gorgeous!!! What a stunning job, i love the layers, it's super!! Could be a top 10 i reckon!!
Well done, Sharnee

Jane said...

GORGEOUS!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

oooh Carol... you've done a FINE!!! job on this challenge... Great card

x Sarah

Unknown said...

Love all your layering on this card, esp. the medallion. Nicely done!

Selene Kempton said...

Simple and beautiful! all those layers are fab!

Savitri said...

This is too cute, Carol!!! Love your usage of colors!

Nancy Riley said...

WOW! What a GREAT design! It's sure to make it to the round-up! GREAT JOB!

AMY FLEMING said...

Beautiful work!!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

What a great card you have done an awesome job with these colours!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun ribbon and brads. Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

AmyR said...

Well done! And I love how you made use of the wide ribbon! Thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Hello down there! Nice card - I like the ribbons :)You are very creative!

Michelle said...

That's gorgeous Carol - as always! You've done the challenge justice!

Sandie said...

Gidday Lavs, wow love your latest creation. It's fantastic.
Well done.

Hope all is well for you.

Left you a little something on my blog.

Luv Sandie