Saturday, February 17, 2007

Delight in Purple

Considering my earlier post today, I felt I had to upload this card tonight.

It is another one made for the cyberstamp at Angela Sargeant's downlines forum, this challenge being to create a monochromatic card. I tend to be very strict when I do a monochromatic card and use no black or white. I chose Lovely Lilac cardstock for the base card, stamping flowers on it with VersaMark ink and using Lovely Lilac ink for the shadow stamp. I then stamped "Delight" over this with Elegant Eggplant ink. The Lavender Lace square was stamped with Lavender Lace ink for the large flower and Lovely Lilac for the smaller flower. I rubbed a piece of twine in Elegant Eggplant ink, tied it through the holes of the Lovely Lilac button and then stuck that on as the flower centre. This piece was layered on Elegant Eggplant, popped up on Dimensionals over layers of Lavender Lace and Elegant Eggplant. All Elegant Eggplant and Lavender Lace edges distressed. All stamps are from the "Paint Prints" 2nd level hostess set. All materials are from Stampin' Up!

No comments: