Monday, March 26, 2007

Back in the black & white

Friday night was the inaugural cybercrop over at Scrapbook Divas, and ultimately I didn't crop but I did stamp.

Originally I had stamped the sentiment in Whisper White, but I wasn't happy with how it dried so I ended up embossing the "Simply Said" sentiment on Basic Black (I tore the house appart looking for my embossing buddy and failed to fid it, so there are a few stray specks of white ep there). My thinking for this card really started with the paper, by All My Memories, that has been in my stash for a long time, along with about 10 other sheets of the same pattern in various colours! As I have done a bit of black and white this year I wanted to make sure it was vastly different to everything else I had done, and with the recent discussion about embossing tinsel and butterflies (by Amazing Creations, now defunct so you'll probably struggle to find the stamps) this idea formed of doing the butterflies on vellum. Have also been wanting to use these black and white Prima's for a while and decided this was the perfect opportunity. The larger black Primas are underneath the larger pp layer, so I raised it up on a heap of Magic Mount. The butterflies are stuck on with a bit of ds tape (because I was impatient by this point) behind some of the embossing.

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is beautiful...you did such a great job!

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

I love your black and white Cards Carol. Have you seen the Black and White competition that was run online in the US recently? If not, I'll email you the link... it's VERY inspiring! Now I cant wait to try B&W for myself.

Esther said...

I like what you've done with the butterflies, makes them very life like!

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous card! Love your color scheme, and the vellum butterflies.