Monday, March 12, 2007

But Officer, I saw the sign

I know, I've been quiet for a while... been busy and then last week I decided it was time to read the recently borrowed "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". I'm a bit of a tragic when it comes to books... more often than not I just have to read them ASAP until I am done because I get so wrapped up in the story. I was trying not to let that happen this time... I started off well, the first few days was just reading a chapter or two... but was sick of that by Thursday and then basically spent my whole weekend reading so I could get on with my life LOL. Is it July yet? I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with "Order of the Pheonix" on film, let alone the last book ("Deathly Hallows" the last I heard).

Spotlight are having a storewide 20% sale today, so I decided to go in and get stuff to make some displayboards for workshops. I knew there would be lots of stuff I could look at, but nothing else I really needed, and if I didn't look then I wouldn't be tempted... though I knew I would be surrounded by temptation. So I walk in, up the stairs to the craft section and right there in front of me are the ribbons... Cherry Arte I think they were. OK... some frilly ones (elasticised too), woven and printed... I'll just get a metre of some of these (at which point Glenn realises I am going to be a while and he is better off going straight over to the music shop). Then I go looking for the sticky back Velcro dots (and in advertantly walk straight past them)... and there along the back wall is a new ribbon display ('Celebrate' brand). Meep. Nothing really different and exciting, but dotty grossgrains, flower and dragonfly printed organdy and some flower and stylised printed satins... I was pretty sure I'd use them. So I got them (and will probably be splitting some of them with my sister), not sure I will be able to fit them all into my storage (which means I should be using them more!) but I'm sure I'll manage.

No comments: