Monday, March 12, 2007

Tempting Octopus

It was another cyberstamp on Angela Sargeant's forums on Friday night, and despite a book calling me I was determined to get inky! Yes - a cybernight and I actually created instead of chatted (I even had the bench clean before going to bed!). The first challenge was a colour challenge where we could chose one colour from each of three groups. I decided to go for something really different with Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand and Always Artichoke.
I stamped the octopus from the 'Fishy Friends' set with StazOn Jet black on Very Vanilla cardstock, then coloured him with the turquoise and artichoke watercolour crayons. I then realised I had no Sahara Sand for my shadows, so cheated a little bit with Going Grey pastel. The background is the 'Fishy' wheel inked in VersaMark and rolled over a piece of Saraha Sand. I added a circle clip from the pewter hodgepodge hardware kit and a knot of narrow olive organdy (shhhh... it looks artichoke to me!). The main image is popped up on dimensionals, and I ran the edges of the turquoise layer over the turquoise pad so it would stand out from the cardbase a bit more. All products from Stampin' Up!

No comments: