Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dotty Thank You

(Sorry about the dodgy photo, the sun was really bright this afternoon and reflecting off the bench top and we should have left half an hour ago for the in-laws).

Today's card is inspired by Beate. You can see her card here. I am so sad to see this background stamp, Dots & Daisies, on Stampin' Ups retirement list, it's such a pretty thing. I can only hope that they will be bring out something better in the new catalogue. Anyway, I wanted to keep this card pretty simple, though Beate's was pretty simple to start with. I've stamped the background on the Mellow Moss base card with VersaMark. Along the bottom of the card is a panel of Whisper White, onto which I stamped a sentiment from the "Much Appreciated" set in StazOn Jet Black. I then washed some Lavender Lace ink to one side of the sentiment, using the Aqua Painter to pick up ink from the lid of the inkpad. I then used a Basic Black marker to dot along the edge of the wash. For the little accent I used some two-step stamps from "Simply Said", which was in last years Spring Mini catalogue but is not currently available. The solid flower was stamped in Almost Amethyst and the dotty outline was stamped in Lavender Lace. I then punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered it onto a 1 3/8" circle of Lavender Lace and mounted it on the card front using a couple of dimensionals. All products by Stampin' Up!

Don't forget that you only have until the end of March to order items off the retiring list (and some items are already sold out). See my earlier post for more details.

No comments: