Wednesday, April 04, 2007

In a Black Mood

I decided to change up my current B&W phase with an old favourite - metallics. I ran a couple of bits of black cardstock through the Cuttlebug textile embossing folder as I wanted this longer than our normal cards (which is longer than the embossed area these folders provide - what chance Provocraft will change that for us?), then swiped them over my VersaMark pad and dabbed on various Pearl-Ex powders (Brilliant Gold, Aztec Gold, Super Bronze and Super Copper if I recall correctly). I then mounted these onto a layer of shimmery gold and hid where they joined under some black ribbon (funny "tape"ish stuff that I got in a bulk pack but not entirely sure where from) and gold cord (by Stampin' Up!) which were used to attach a large oval frame (from the Aged Copper hodge podge collection by SU!). Inside the frame is a small "Happy Birthday" that came from a large stamp by Stamp-It that is lots of "Happy Birthday"s in various fonts. I inked it using my VersaMarker and embossed it with some Judikins Metallic Bronze embossing powder. This ep is a mix of gold, copper and silver, and I got a little more silver on this than I was hoping for, but no biggie. The black and gold layers are mounted on a shimmery bronze card base.

In other news, it seems a storm hit in the middle of the night and freaked the dog out because this morning there is a hole in the fence and no dog. Glenn has had to go to work and the girls are still in bed (it's still raining, so overcast and good sleeping weather), but I'll have to have a bit of a look later. Hopefully she has already been found and safe and we'll get a call soon to pick her up. She's getting old and has a bad hip so hopefully that has also kept her close to home.

ETA: Within 5 mins of me posting this she showed up at the front door... wet, but fine. ~*PHEW*~

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Lovely card Carol. Also glad you found the dog! Where did you get your versamarker? I think I neeeeed one!

Allison Rankin said...

Great looking card!

Rika said...

Wow, what a great card!