Monday, August 27, 2007

Balloons Away!

Finally I can share something new with you! The dratted cold got hold of me again and AWOL skeleton leaves have conspired against me in completing another card, but I did manage to get this little guy done. I got caught out last week with a school friend of my daughters having a birthday and no cards for boys in sight (she took a Finest Flourishes card, it was the most 'male' card I had on hand, plus he is in to knights and stuff so I thought it would be ok), so I thought I had better get some done so it didn't happen again any time soon. This House Mouse stamp is one of my sisters, and I stamped it out a few times when she visited last year. It was before I joined SU!, so I think he has been stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black on cheap white cardstock from the newsagents. I've coloured it using a blender pen to pick up colour from the lids of inkpads. The colouring in the middle of the balloon doesn't look the best, but I guess that's what you get for using dud cardstock! Mousey (not sure which one it is) has been layered on Sage Shadow and mounted on some Bazzill (more rescued supplies). The sentiment is from the Wonderful Words set and is stamped on Bashful Blue using Ballet Blue ink. I put a couple of white eyelets in each end of this and threaded through some taffeta ribbon from Eckersley's, mounted it to the card front with dimensionals and tied the ribbon. I did a few other colour variations, a couple in more girly tones, but I really wasn't all that happy with the colouring so I'm not game to show them to you!

2 comments:

Angela Sargeant said...

Gorgeous colouring! I must say I have a soft spot for House Mouse, they're so funny.

Night Owl Designs said...

Great card Lavs. Your colouring looks perfect to me! Sephi