Friday, November 09, 2007

Merry & Bright - Big Deal

Now, this card was inspired by someone... but for the life of me I can't remember who! I thought I had seen it in a blog post and "starred" it in Google Reader, but apparently not. So... there's a good chance you'll something else like this around somewhere.

One day in fiddling about with my cardstock swatches (I have made A6 sized swatches of all the Stampin' Up! cardstock) I came up with this colour combination: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Cool Caribbean. Being a twist on the traditional Christmas colours, I decided to go completely non-traditional and something a bit funky, using the Big Deal alphabet. To stamp this, I cut my Whisper White cardstock to size, then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I started stamping from the outside in: m, then y, then e, then the rose r, and lastly the celery r. To finish off the sentiment I used an All Year Cheer I stamp, inked first with the Tempting Turquoise marker for 'bright', then I used a blender pen and Cool Caribbean ink to ink up the '&'. To finish the card off I went for a silver circle clip (not from SU!) and a bit of ribbon: Celery, Turquoise and Rose Red (from the Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals set).

No comments: