Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Paisley in the Spotlight

Here's another card for the Inklings cyberstamp. For challenge #1 we had to use the spotlight technique. Since I have done that technique a few times I decided to do things a bit differently. I wanted to use a background stamp for the spotlighing, and then I decided to follow Beate's sketch #33 and have three spotlights! The Paisley background stamp has been inked with Vintage Violet and stamped once on Whisper White, and once on Silver (re-inked before stamping of course). I then carefully coloured the paisley with markers in Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery and Sage Shadow. My spotlights were then cut out, mounted on 1 1/4" squares of Whisper White to highlight them, and mounted onto the silver layer. The background piece is the Fine Lace background stamp inked with Almost Amethyst and stamped on Almost Amethyst cardstock, then the edges have been inked with Vintage Violet. The card base is Sage Shadow cardstock, and I've used some Celery brads and silver cord to finish the card off.

No comments: