Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Springtime Happiness

Here is my last card from the Inklings cyberstamp, an inspiration challenge based on a card on the Aussie SU demo website. I kept with the theme of the card - flowers - and used some tearing and dimensionals like the original card, however I've used a completely different stamp set, colour them and embellishments. The sentiment is from the outgoing hostess set "Bloming with Happiness", the other stamps are from another outgoing hostess set "Springtime Stems". After stamping the flowers along the bottom of my piece of card I decided I wanted to have a dragonfly cruising over them, but don't have a dragonfly stamp in a matching style. My solution was to use the stem and solid tulip images as body and wings for my dragonfly. I used a blender pen dipped in Cool Caribbean ink to colour two petals of the tulip for the wings, and the end of the stem was inked with Tempting Turquoise.

I've also uploaded another card to the Elite Stampers blog, but wanted to share a close up with you as a little feature isn't all that clear in the full shot.

Inspired by Julie Buhler, I used Stampin' Up!'s vellum cardstock for the card base. In the bottom right corner of the card front I have stamped one leaf from the three-leaf stamp, inked with VersaMark. The VersaMark makes the image appear more translucent, but makes it tricky to capture an image of! The other advantage of using vellum is I was able to stamp this on the inside, so from the front the leaves go the opposite direction to how they normally stamp (and I just thought they'd look better this way).

No comments: