Monday, April 21, 2008

???

Has it really been over a month since I last posted here? I truly did not mean for it to be that long, but between life, reinstalling Windows twice in five days, SU! convention, an extended stay in Brisbane cuddling my 6 week old nephew, school holidays and getting the computer back in order I've been a tad busy!

Convention was fabulous... I think I had a sore throat within a couple of hours of landing due to the talking and laughing as I caught up with fellow team members and met some others for the first time. Between convention and the new IB&C I have so many ideas going through my head it's a bit hard to know where to start. However, according to the Sound of Music, the beginning is the best place to start, so lets rewind to about a month ago when Jayne held a cyberstamp on her demo forum.

The first challenge involved copying a card from the new catty. Mine is from page 42, oddly enough, and I changed the stamp set and colours. I was having a very big Moonlight day, so the colours are inspired by Mick St John - yep, I think this proves I can be inspired by anything! I think he had something to do with the fleur de lis getting on there too. This is probably one of the quickest cards I have made... I am a very slow stamper, deliberating over colour and layout for an age, but with this one half of that was already decided for me and I had the card finished in about an hour. The stamp set is Carte Postale and colours are Whisper White (teeth), Bashful Blue (eyes), Basic Black (jacket), Sahara Sand (shirt) and Almost Amethyst (ok, that one's all me!).

I plan on being back tomorrow with one of my swaps from convention... I forgot to take photos of the others so one is all you're going to get!

No comments: