Saturday, May 24, 2008

Outlawed Boho Box

This was my response to the Inklings cyberstamp challenge 3, a one-sheet box. For this one I decided to go to another new favourite stamp set, Boho Backgrounds, a team it with an unexpected colour combination. Because the Berry Bliss paper matches the Boho set, a lot of creations I have seen using the set are in the pink & brown colour scheme.However, since seeing the Outlaw paper, I have loved the colour combination of sage, browns and rust, and since I haven't put that to use yet I pulled it together for this challenge! The sheet of Sage Shadow was wheeled with the So Swirly jumbo wheel using VersaMark ink, then score and folded to create the box. For the panel on the front I also wheeled a piece of Creamy Caramel and used my Chocolate Chip marker to ink up a sentiment from the Boho Backgrounds set to stamp along the bottom. I then used the round tab punch to create a large circle hole and layered it on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I again used my markers to ink the large circular motif, stamped it on Very Vanilla then used the scallop circle punch to shape it. To hold the box closed I've attached a piece of Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon - yep this box uses no adhesive, how cool is that?

No comments: