Friday, May 23, 2008

Cherished Paisley

This was my response to the second Inklings cyberstamp challenge, a sketch and colour combo challenge. As I was playing catch-up with the challenges I had only skimmed what they were, opened the corresponding images in separate tabs in my browser, yadda yadda yadda... created a card based on the colours, then created a card base on the sketch. At some point I went back and saw they were to be combined... d'oh! Ah well lol

For this card I used a So Saffron card base (14.8 cm square), a layer of Whisper White stamped with Paisley in Pumpkin Pie on a slightly larger Wild Wasabi layer, and a small piece of Sahara Sand with that "cherish" stamp from Baroque Motifs again stamped in Whisper White. I stamped the large image from Brocade Basics on both the Sahara Sand piece and Paisley layer (masking a lot of it off) using VersaMark, pierced holes around the edge and then stitched this outline with linen thread. This took ALL DAY and nearly KILLED my fingers... I tend not to like large holes showing in my stitching and my fingers really paid for it that day, pulling the needle through rather than making extra large holes that the needle would just glide through. I also pierced holes along the horizontal edges of the base card and ran a piece of So Saffron ribbon (from the Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals pack) across the card. Like a lot of people who took up the challenge, these are not colours I would normally team-up, but I really what I came up with.

No comments: