Monday, June 02, 2008

Simply Another Colour Challenge

This card was made in response to Kristina Werner's latest colour challenge. After sitting and looking at my stamp sets for what seemed an eternity, I finally settled on using the Simply Sent set "Simple Delights". I used my Bashful Blue, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy markers to ink the square motif, punch it out with the 1 1/4" square punch and layer it on a 1 3/8" square of Old Olive. For the sentiment I stamped the square motif without reinking, then stamped the sentiment over top with Not Quite Navy ink. The ribbon is a piece of white taffeta that I stamped with a small motif inked with Old Olive and Not Quite Navy markers. Between the squares I placed some So Saffron brads.
After finishing the first card I realised I had enough stamped pieces left over that I could make another one, however for this one I substituted the stamped ribbon for some So Saffron ribbon from the Ribbon Originals Fairytale pack and left off the So Saffron brads. In the end I am not sure which card I prefer!

5 comments:

Brooke S said...

LOVE your card it beautiful. I love the simple elegance of it.

Brooke S said...

Sorry! It's Beautiful.

Kristie said...

They're both gorgeous! Nice work indeed.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca Munro said...

These are gorgeous Carol!!