Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Soft Winter Snowflakes

A Christmas card and a winter card all in one day? No, I haven't been beamed to the Northern Hemisphere! It was rather chilly here this morning, so I felt it only appropriate that I make a wintry card to match. It doesn't actually snow here in Newcastle (well it has, but it is extremely rare), but it did snow a few times when I lived in Victoria and I do miss it. The snowflake has a solitary Certainly Celery (try saying that ten times fast!) dot as I was planning on using green rhinestone brads, but in the end I decided that would have pulled the overall look of the card too far in that direction, so I used lilac ones instead. I also swapped the Celery for Sage Shadow on some of the background stamping. I really love these sorts of colour combinations, soft purples and greens... I'm definitely going to have to play with them some more.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Soft Sky
Stamp set: The Snowflake Spot, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Ink: Soft Sky, VersaMark, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, markers in Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst and Lavender Lace, dimensionals, blender pen and Soft Sky reinker, Fairytale Ribbon Originals, Word Window punch

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Carol, how lovely! It makes me miss the cold winter days, and, yes, the occasional snowfall when I lived near Woodend in Victoria. Up here in the Top End winter isn't really winter. Today we reached a top of about 28 deg after an overnight low of 15. A lot of the girls I work with were complaining about the cold - not me! I'd hate to see them at -5 deg!

Anonymous said...

Love the colours and overall soft effect. Just gorgeous Carol! Brrrr. Quite fitting for these chilly nights too.

Mary said...

I love this card, especially the word window with a brad on each side! Fantastic!

Brooke S said...

This is my favorite of the 3 snow flake cards. great layout. and color.