Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wild Rose Wishes

This was another sketch that kinda went off the track! I started working on Taylor's sketch #20, but it quickly morphed into quite a deviation. Ah well. It's a sign that you haven't used a stamp enough if it doesn't stamp very well... neither the solid or detail stamps for the large rose came out well, so I filled them in a bit with ink and blender pen. The danger with this is that the cardstock will pill, but I did ok. Still, I find the balance of this card is off a little too (I should have brought the sentiment in a bit further, maybe done some paper piercing around the edge of the white layer) so it's been relegated to "non-stamping relative" status... usually they're not so picky (and I know, we are usually our own worst critics). Colours are Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, River Rock, Old Olive and a bit of Ruby Red, paper is from the Secret Garden scrappin kit and ribbons are from the Sherbet and Theater Ribbon Originals packs.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

What wonderful colors! Love it! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Carol! Those colours work well together.
K-xxx

Tracy said...

we definately are our own worst critics! I took one look at that card and thought 'beautiful!'. I am definately not into the roses sets at all but this is certainly a beautiful card. I think it is very well balanced, clean and understated. :)

Night Owl Designs said...

Lavs, I think this card is beautiful. You're too hard on yourself :-)