Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Get Well Memo

Swinging back to some bright colours for this one! I've pulled out Office Accoutrement and teamed it with Boho Backgrounds and Sincere Salutations. The large flower was inked with Rose Red, then I wiped the ink off the outline and used the Pumpkin Pie marker to ink it up before stamping on Whisper White cardstock. I also stamped the small flower twice using Rose Red ink and twice using Pumpkin Pie and cut all flowers out. The Memo image and sentiment were also stamped on Whisper White using Certainly Celery and Old Olive ink. I've also punched the edge using the spiral punch, then torn the piece and lightly distressed the edges. The Taken With Teal background has been stamped with the Boho flower background using Teal ink. I felt the flourishes on the "Original" stamp were a good match for the swirls on the background, so I stamped a row of them on Regal Rose cardstock using Rose Red ink. I created a faux bow overtop using turquoise and tangerine grosgrain ribbons. The large flower, with it's two smaller flowers attached with a Turquoise brad, has been popped up on dimensionals and I've finished the card off with a circle clip from the Antique Brass hodgepodge tin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the colors.

arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers

Lin Mei said...

Love the bold spiffy card, Carol! Lots of pretty details to keep my inner child happy.

fleurie said...

ohhhh i just LOVE this carol

Anonymous said...

love this Carol - would cheer up anyone feeling the cold!! :) K

Tracy said...

love how it all come together :) Very bright and girly