Saturday, August 09, 2008

Sassy Matey?

The second challenge that Dani set for us in the Inklings cyberstamp was a card inspired by the words "sweet", "sassy" and "masculine". I could think of guys who had all that, but tossing it all on a card??? My mind went wandering, as it often does but I'll spare you the details, and I decided Matey would have to do. I then decided to combine Dani's challenge with Taylor's TECC21, though as is often the case I didn't keep very strictly with the sketch. I stamped Matey on Confetti White and watercoloured him with my aquapainter and inkpads, then applied Crystal Effects over the sword. The map has River Rock and Soft Sky sponged in appropriate places (eg the blue-ish sofy Sky sponged over water areas of the map), it's not obvious, it's barely visible in the photo, but it does make that background a little more interesting. The twill was brayered with River Rock then I stamped the anchor in Chocolate Chip.

As I was sticking the layers together I decided to change my idea for three rhinestone brads on the left to the "x marks the spot" stamp, as I thought the Wasabi piece looked like land at the edge of a sea. So now Matey has to go retrieve his sunken treasure lol (yeah ok, I stayed up till 2am watching the Olympics opening ceremony, so I am just a tad sleep deprived and that usually makes me go a bit silly!).

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Confetti White
Stamp Sets: Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Aged Copper Hodgepodge, Square Ice Rhinestone brads, Twill, Cutter Kit, brayer, aquapainter, Crystal Effects, dauber, horizontal slot punch, Chocolate Chip marker

No comments: