Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rustic Wishes

On Saturday I attended the second Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar in Sydney. The weather was absolutely terrible but the day was equally fantastic, catching up with so many people again (even if I did miss a few), watching the fantastic presentations, creating the fabulous make&takes with brand new product. Another one of my favourite things about SU! events is the swapping - I love receiving creations made by others face to face and being able to ask them about the card (though quite often it's not till later I get to have a good look at things). This is the card I made for swaps. I wanted to make more and different ideas that I got, but I just knew I didn't have time to do the ideas justice so they are percolating in the back of my head biding their time. I have to say that this card was kinda influenced by Heather of Pine is Here, I love her use of Kraft and white ink/paint. To be completely truthful this isn't one of my swap cards. The weather was so bad before I left I didn't get a good photo of it, so when I got home (well, Monday really) I decided I liked the simple design so much I'd make more for some of my own Christmas cards. Most of the cards were slightly altered but this one I kept true to the swaps except leaving out the piercing.

All supplies by Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Kraft, Mellow Moss, Whisper White
Stamp set: Peaceful Wishes
Ink: Whisper White, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Moss gingham ribbon, Aged Copper Hodgepodge
Show watched while creating: Stargate Atlantis (swaps), Bones (full cards)

1 comment:

Night Owl Designs said...

Great design for Christmas. Love it!