Friday, December 05, 2008

Sketchy Thanks

I know, I said I'd be back tomorrow, which was yesterday, and I wasn't back so you are getting yesterday's post today. But you're not getting it all in one hit. I've often mentioned using In Color markers that I have created by using a blender pen to soak up ink from a refill. Well, with the fabulous marker promotion that is running at the moment I took the opportunity to make some new and improved In Color markers for myself. I do want to share with you just how I did that, but it's going to take me a while to edit the photos etc etc, so I thought I could at least share the card with you.

The layout for this card comes from Julee's Mojo #63 sketch. The colours for the card come from the Afternoon Tea paper (Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi), 3 of which are In Colors. I knew right from the start that I wanted to colour the flowers with markers, so I grabbed my new In Color markers and coloured the stems and leaves with Wild Wasabi, the petals with Groovy Guava and the center with Close To Cocoa (I wanted something softer than Chocolate Chip for most of the card). The main advantages of my new In Color markers for this technique is that they don't need reinking every other time you use them and you have a consistent colour. Since I had just fixed these up they were very juicy and didn't really need "huffing" to re-moisten the ink prior to stamping. YAY! I'm so happy... it's such a simple thing but it makes my creative life so much easier!

Anyway, I'm hoping to post my marker tutorial later tonight, but if not it will be tomorrow night at the latest so just sit tight... it will be here eventually, LOL.

I've also uploaded another card to the Elite Challenges Blog, this time using Say It With Scallops from the Summer Mini, as well as the new Chunky Sprinkles glitter. Oooh, I do love that stuff!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Close To Cocoa, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Live Your Dream
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories: Afternoon Tea paper, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, Aged Copper Hodgepodge, scallop square punch, 1 1/4" square punch, Close To Cocoa marker, Groovy Guava "marker" (washed-out marker + refill), Wild Wasabi "marker" (washed-out marker + refill), dimensionals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea Carol! Love the card - must try that sketch! :)

Bev said...

Gorgeous card, the colours are fabulous
hugs Bev x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Great card! Thanks for playing! :)