Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cinema Saturday #16

Here's a card for this week's Cinema Saturday challenge, Wizard of Oz. I say "a" card because I have another idea in mind that I am determined to make because I am not all that happy with how this one turned out. For this card I wanted to include green for the Emerald City, yellow for the brick road, red bling for Dorothy's shoes and the gingham ribbon for Dorothy's dress. This card was going ok (though in hindsight the punch work is overkill) until I decided that one red rhinestone brad in the middle of a gingham bow under the sentiment wasn't going to work... I then had to swap my red base and blue layer because the gingham wasn't going to show up very well on the blue (which had small white spots so there was a minor clash of pattern too). While the apples do draw on something else from the movie the colours just don't work as well as they originally did. Oh well, you live and learn!

I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip and sponged the edges with Close To Cocoa to tie in the sepia farm scenes. I chose this sentiment because for me it is the meaning underlying each main characters quest: they had everything they needed to achieve their dreams all along they just didn't have confidence in themselves.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Live Your Dream
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa
Accessories: Summer Picnic DSP (unavailable), scallop edge punch, round tab punch, sponge dauber, Fire Circle Rhinestone brads, Fire Square Rhinestone brads, light blue gingham ribbon

4 comments:

Ann said...

This is great, Carol! I love how you incorporated not only the colors, but the apples (which I'd forgotten about until I saw them on your card), and the sentiment is PERFECT! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Oh my, I had completely forgotten about the apples, until now. Can I have just a portion of your brain? Mine seems seems to have a slow leak. Fun card & if you have a chance to do another, I'd love to see that too.

zukesgirl said...

The apples --- I loved that part!

Tooo cute!

Sam said...

I think card works together beautifully Carol.

Love the Summer Picnic paper and blue gingham movie elements.

Have a great HOT weekend!

Sam.