Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Parisian Dreams

Here's another card made of the recent Inklings team weekend, utilising another set from the stamp library. I really like the Dreams du Jour set but other things always seem to bump it down the wishlist. When I saw it on the stamp librbary table I snapped it up thinking "this will go nicely with the Parisian Breeze paper"... It was only later, as I was assembling the card, that I realised how well they work together - the main flower on the stamped images is an exact match for flowers in the paper! This one is a very simple card because I just couldn't bear to cover the paper up, it's a gorgeous colour combination, pattern and texture as the Parisian Breeze DSP is a heavier weight than Stampin' Up!s standard DSP.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Kraft
Stamp Set: Dreams du Jour
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP, Chalet Ribbon Originals, Eyelet Border punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals, In Color "marker", white gel pen

7 comments:

Alana Galagher said...

Ohhhh - just gorgeous Carol! Another stamp that's on my wishlist too :-)

Karen said...

Thats just beautiful Carol! I have to ask though - how do you get such nice big photos on your blog - mine are never that big. WEll I dont think they are anyways! lol

Karen
x

Kristie said...

Wow! I go MIA for a bit and everything changes :) Your new blog look is gorgeous...I love it ♥
And your cards lately have been stunning! I'm really going to have to get better at keeping up! I might *borrow* today's card for some inspiration....I really like how you've used those papers :)

Nancy K said...

I love thid card Carol!
This is one of my favorite DSPs and you've showcased it perfectly.

Margaret said...

This is a great card Carol.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.