Monday, November 09, 2009

Butter-Moth-Flies

On Friday night Clare hosted this months Inklings Cyberstamp. Her first challenge was a sketch challenge based on a poster for the movie The Shining, the second challenge was a colour challenge of black, white and orange. I was late to the party so I decided to speed things up by combining the challenges (after all, orange can be a bit scary... wink ). The colours would have been great for a Halloween card, but since that was past I was a little stuck for inspiration until I thought of all the Tiger Moths we have around at the moment. I used the emboss resist technique to create my moths with the Flight of the Butterfly set, so they may be a little confused as to what species they really are but I'm really happy with how they turned out. And yes, I actually used Only Orange!

All products by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Only Orange, Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Basic Black marker, Scallop edge punch 1/16" circle punch, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Fashion District rub-ons, mini glue dots
Plus a mystery item from the up-coming Summer mini catalogue

1 comment:

Night Owl Designs said...

Very halloween-y! Would make a great man's card too.