Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Holly

The last challenge for the Inklings cyberstamp was a little frustrating. I had planned what I would do a few days before hand, but when it came to making my sample nothing worked... three ideas, many hours and a few wasted efforts later I resorted to "old faithful" - markers direct to rubber. I've been woefully slack in making Christmas cards this year, so I wanted this card to be a nice simple and relatively quick design. I used my Kiwi Kiss marker to colour the leaves of the holly before doing a darker centre stripe with Old Olive. The scallop oval that the sentiment is layered on was in the Spring mini (which has ended) but Stampin' Up! have have announced it, and a few other items from the Spring Mini, are still available to order... woohoo!

All products by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Rose Red
Stamp Sets: Christmas Classics, Many Merry Messages
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss marker, Old Olive marker, Rose Red marker, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla satin ribbon, dimensionals

No comments: