Friday, May 28, 2010

SU! Convention Swaps

As I mentioned in my last post, I had Stampin' Up! convention coming up. The event was last weekend, and once again it was a fabulous experience (though I could have lived without the two fire alarms that were false alarms at the hotel!). I find swapping is a wonderful aspect of convention, though it can be a frenzy you exchange creative ideas and meet so many other talent people face to face. These are the two cards I swapped:

Many of you have probably noticed that I used the same set. I do have more than one set of stamps! I just love this set so much and the styles are so different that some people even swapped for both cards. Both are pretty simple to make, if you'd like to see how and have a go at making one yourself book a workshop and I can come and show you how it's done.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
first card
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Confetti White
Stamp Sets: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage jumbo wheel
Ink: VersaMark, Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, horizontal slot punch, Top Note die, Vintage brads

second card
Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Handsome Hunter, Lavender Lace
Stamp Set: Vintage Vogue
Inks: Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Handsome Hunter
Accessories: scallop border punch, Rich Regals brads

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

Pretty cards Carol! I love the more subtle cardfront colors with the bit of color pops. I really like this set too...First one I got in clear. Hope you enjoyed Convention!!