Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cupcakes and Candles

Posting two days in a row - I can guarentee it won't last forever! Today I am again just sharing a snippet of an Elite Challenges card.

I had a lot of fun making this card, and it was one of those rare ones that pretty much turned out as planned. I finally broke out the Create A Cupcake set and coordinating Build A Cupcake punch, two things I've been wanting to play with for some time but never quite got to. For my colours I turned to the Stampin' Up! colour coach for inspiration, after deciding it was time to use Blushing Bride. The colour coach suggested Perfect Plum and Sahara Sand for a "Sweet Set" combination... but the thought of sandy cupcakes was not very appealing so I opted for Crumb Cake instead - much more appealing and appropriate! In the image above you can the little candle flame, that was punched from Blushing Bride cardstock that I then coloured over with the Blushing Bride marker. To see the full card and all the details, head over to the Elite Challenges blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am certainly happy to discover this. great job!