Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Thoughts

On Saturday night Jayne hosted a cyber-stamp for the Elite Stampers. The first challenge was to use the colours from this month's Elite blog colour challenge to make a birthday card. I have to say I struggled with this one, because I was trying to resist using a tree again with these colours. In the end I gave in.

Quite a simple card, but it seemed to want to be for a guy and most of them don't like things too fussy. It's not very birthday either... no presents, no cake, no balloons or banners... except it does make me think of the Party Tree in Lord Of The Rings, so it is really a birthday card in more than just the words! The layer behind the sentiment was achieved by punching a Decorative Label out of Chocolate Chip cardstock, then instering one end back into the punch and punching it a second time.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, textured Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Stamp Sets: Thoughts & Prayers, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Wild Wasabi marker, Chocolate Chip marker, neutrals brads, Decorative Label punch, Word Window punch, dimensionals

I've also caught up on March challenges over at the Elite Challenges blog, you can see those cards here and here.

2 comments:

Dani Fender said...

I love that your blogging again, I've missed the nerdy observations and your stunning cards

Dani

Ariane said...

I think I figured it out now...
Nice clean card! I need to learn from you how to make them! :-D