Thursday, June 02, 2011

Hello June

It's a new month, which means there are new challenges over at the Elite Challenges blog. The first challenge I tackled was the colour challenge, of which there is a sampling below.

I've used two punches in this card, the Curly Label punch (with "Hello" on it), and the new Decorative Label punch. Quite often I want my punched piece to have another colour around it giving a contrasting edge and helping to make it stand out. A little trick I do often is to punch two more shapes in my contrasting colour and off-setting them in different directions, behind the main punched piece. Above you can see the Wild Wasabi punches layered behind the top Very Vanilla punched piece. To see the full card (squirrels and all!) head over to the Elite Challenges blog.

No comments: