Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Paisley Butterflies

One of my favourite sets from this years Summer Mini was Spiced Paisley. With a lot of different elements I knew this set would be a lot of fun to play with.


For this card I went back to one of my favourite techniques: direct to rubber; one of my favourite colour combinations: purple and aqua; and a new favourite technique: sponging with shimmer paint. Having this set in clear mount made it so easy to create the background. I arranged the largest droplet-shaped stamp and the smallest circular stamp on the same large acrylic block so they would both stamp at the same time and save having to space things a little. One other little trick I used for this card was to fill in the scallops on the punched border with the insides of punched scallops in a different colour.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Pool Party
Stamp set: Spiced Paisley, On Your Birthday
Ink: none!
Accessories: sponge dauber, white shimmer paint, Wisteria Wonder marker, Concord Crush marker, Pool Party marker, Island Indigo marker, Scallop Trim Border punch, Beautiful Butterflies die, linen thread, Paper Piercer, dimensionals

No comments: