Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Lace Ribbon Rainbow

Have you ever got half way through a project only to find that you don't have all the supplies you need, or want (or thought you had)? It happens to me from time to time, but often I am able to work around the absence of supplies and still get my project finished without too much trouble. However, this time that didn't happen. This time I already had it half stuck together before realising I didn't have textured cardstock in three colours I had planned on using, and there really was no way to work around it. So I have been ina  bit of a rut waiting for the cardstock so I could finish my piece, and because I prefer to photograph a few projects together it's made the wait seem extra long... but I am quite pleased with the results! It was really had to photograph with my usual lighting set up, so I had to do away with my desk lights and just go with the fading afternoon sun for this shot:
I'm a late comer to the Lace Ribbon punch party, but I've got into it in a big way recently and I think this is my best use of it yet! All those little coloured sections were punched out of other pieces of cardstock and transplanted to this one. To make the sticking easier I ran a few strips of Sticky Strip along the back of each lace ribbon piece so I just had to pop the pieces in place and they were stuck! It was a little fiddly, but I am sure I have spent similar amounts of time colouring images so not as time consuming as you might think. When I do this again (yes when not if, I love the results so much!) I won't be using Daffodil Delight or So Saffron for the sentiment :/

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White, textured cardstock in Basic Black, Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Poppy Parade, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Garden Green, Island Indigo, Pacific Point
Stamp set: Create A Cupcake
Ink: none!
Accessories: Lace Ribbon punch, Modern Label punch, markers in Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Poppy Parade, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Sticky Strip, dimensionals

6 comments:

Becky Green said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! This took SOOO MUCH WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(And I thought I did too much work on my cards!) :) Your card is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :)WOW!!!!!! (Found you through Paper Punch Addiction)

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! I would love to see a tutorial on exactly HOW you did this. It is fantastic!

Stamping T! said...

Truly beautiful! I can only imagine how much time this took but the result is just stunning, Love it! T

Beth Robinson said...

love, love, love this card...I rarely use the lace border punch but after seeing your card, I want to go play with it!!!! If you have a tutorial for this card I would love to see it...thanks!!!!

Jayne said...

WOW! This is a really pretty card. I also found you through Paper Punch Addiction. I would need a tutorial to do what you did with all those colors. Amazing card :o)

DJ said...

Oh my goodness! I've been teased for using "fiddly bits" and being so detailed but I have to bow to you, my friend. BEAUTIFUL card! Thanks for sharing!