Thursday, November 20, 2014

TBT - Winter Frost Star

A common theme that is already running through my Throw-back Thursday posts is patterned paper. The gorgeous stuff is seductive, and even when you do use it... it's amazing how far it can go! I was not a slacker with using last years Winter Frost paper, but I still have a good deal left. So much so, I had enough paper to make another of what I call a layered Finnish Star. The two I have made in the past can be found here and here. I again changed the sizes I was working with, keeping the large middle star made with 12" x 1" strips, the medium stars uses 8" x 1.7cm and the smallest star uses 6" x 1.3cm strips. Yep, still mixing my measurements... and no idea why I didn't go with the 6" x 1/2" measurements I used in the first star I made... although 1.3cm is much the same as 1/2". Anyway rather than doing glitter along the edges as I did last time, this time I chose to use Dazzling Details to highlight details on the paper designs. The effect is much more subtle, but also much easier and cleaner... though I still managed to get it on me ;)

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: none
Stamp set: none
Ink: none
Accessories: Winter Frost patterned paper, mini glue dots, 1/8" white taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Details
Show watched while creating: Reign

No comments: