Saturday, December 20, 2014

Coastal Snowflake

The Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue had a new thinlits card design this year, after introducing the Circle card & Label card thinlits last year. This years design is a lovely snowflake one... even if it has eight spokes/points (pedantic aren't I?). After a string of bold and funky colours, I came back to this cool colour scheme. I adapted the card by extending it, which I didn't take photos of (but I am not the first one to do it, so there are many many photos of it out there. Basically you trim your cardstock to the height of the thinlit and have one end of it on top (or bottom, depending how you layer things in your Big Shot) of the thinlit on the non-cutting side. I'm not sure who was the bright spark who first came up with this idea, but it is brilliant :)

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, textured Pool Party, Whisper White
Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Sentiments, More Merry Messages
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Snowflake Card thinlits, Rhinestone Basic Jewels

No comments: